An opportunity has arisen for a Project engineer to work at our purpose-built fabrication facility at Colpy, Aberdeenshire.
Harper is a busy fabrication company with a focus on quality and professionalism. Using innovation, we drive change and take a proactive approach to deliver results to our word. We operate in safe conditions, whilst respecting the environment around us. Our people are important to us and we value them. We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Engineer who will fit with our ethos, be hardworking, personable and bring integrity to the role.
Our values are:
Innovation | People | Quality | Compliance | Safety | Environment
About the Role
Reporting to the Project manager, the main areas of responsibility for this position are:
- Responsible for compiling MTO
- Responsible for compiling Doc Packs
- Responsible for keeping job files up-to-date in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Liaise with Foreman, Chargehands and all workshop employees
- Liaise with QC Manager on all quality aspects
- Responsible for control of NRI numbers
- Responsible for ensuring welder quals are kept up-to-date
- Managing the certification of a large Subsea Hire Fleet
- Purchasing and pricing of materials and raising associated PO’s on cost approval.
- Organising logistics of the jobs
- Responsible for compiling method statements when required
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Promoting the Integrated Management System by personal example.
- Ensuring that QHSE is enforced and adhered to at all time.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have hands on engineering, welding, and/ or fabrication exposure. They will have experience of working with Fabrication drawings and knowledge of computerised purchase order processing. Experience of quality procedures, specifically ISO 9001, is required as well as good communication skills, verbal and written and the ability to build good working relationships.
Applications must include a short cover letter along with CV explaining why this role interests you and what you can bring to it. Applicants who have not submitted a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com.